What Is the Process for Getting a School Approved By State Regulating Authorities?

Each state has a governing authority that oversees Driver Education.  The first step is to approach that entity and the designated official that approves applications for new Driver Education schools.  Usually, the department that you contact is your state’s
Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA), Department Of Transportation (DOT), State Highways (SHA) or, in some cases Safety Departments.  A good contact in any event, is the Governor’s Office Of Highway Safety.

What is Required?
What Is Involved In Making Application to the State?
How Long Does The Approval Process Take?
What Financial Resources Are Available?
Who Makes the Laws That Govern Driver Education Schools?
Are There Associations for Schools?
Are There Continuing Education Resources?
How Long Is My Business/Teaching License Good For?